My Favourite Movies

16:00:00

If you know me, you'd know that I'm not really a movie-person. I'm way too impatient and lose focus and then fall asleep, so in order to actually stay invested in a movie, I have to watch it in a cinema.

I do still have a few movies that I love, and I thought I'd share them with you. Some of these are fairly recent movies which is perhaps why they're still stuck in my mind, but that in no way discredits my love for them.

The first is without a doubt The Perks of Being a Wallflower. No movie can ever compete with my love for this one. It is such a masterpiece, and the characters are so hilarious and real. It's a movie about a lonely boy, Charlie, who tries to find his place in a friend group in high school. It is so, so touching and beautiful. Fun fact: My dog is now named Charlie, and although I suggested the name claiming I just 'thought it was cute', it is 100% due to this movie.


If you still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, you're seriously missing out. Sure, it's a Harry Potter movie, but even if you're not a fan, it's still overall amazing. It's the story about Newt Scamander as he navigates New York City in the 1920s, and you can just imagine how great the sets and costume designs are. I love the story and characters, but the sets and aesthetic (what a cliche word, but it's the only word to accurately describe it) are magnificent.


Another beautiful movie with Eddie Redmayne is The Theory of Everything. This is truly a cinematic masterpiece. I watched it in the cinema with my grandma when it first came out, and I fell in love. I didn't know much about Stephen Hawking previously (and obviously I'm not claiming to be an expert after watching this movie) but I found it all very interesting. I also visited a friend at Cambridge Uni a couple of weeks ago, and as we walked through the grounds it occurred to me that this was where certain scenes in the movie was filmed.


I actually watched the movie Pride with my school last year, and it was incredible! I definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy it at all, but I really, really did. It's about a group of gay activists who raise money for the miners in 1984, and how the two groups of people work together. It really is such a touching movie, and I highly recommend it to all of you. It might even possibly be my second favourite movie of all time. Also, it has the most incredible cast.


La La Land: I'm reluctant to add this in here. I watched it last weekend, and walked out of the cinema with my mind blown (to be fair, that's me after any show/play/movie). I did really like it and it did touch me, but it is definitely far overrated. Still, I'd recommend you to watch it.


The Cider House Rules: I can barely remember this movie at all, but I do remember loving it. I watched it when I was far too young for it, but it really stayed with me. It's set in the 1930s (I think) and is about an orphan who grows up and becomes a doctor. I'm making it sound boring and not something I would choose to watch, but I would genuinely really recommend it.


This post has actually made me realise that I'm not as anti-movies as I thought I was. I do genuinely enjoy them when I watch them at the cinema, so I should probably go more often.

All of these movies are incredible, and this post is making me want to go back and rewatch them all. Especially The Cider House Rules, which I haven't seen in probably a decade, and The Theory of Everything.

What are some of your favourite movies? I would genuinely love to hear, because I would like to get into movies more.

My recent post is a photography one of the Cotswolds, which can be found here if you're interested!

Twitter
Follow

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. The theory of everything is such a beautiful film! Need the others haha :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many of these! Fantastic beasts and the theory of everything and la la land I love!
    I recently just did a fave films and tv on netflix post you might be interested in to see if you like any of mine too!
    Love Eleanor
    Www.littlethoughtsfromlittlepeople.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just great, aren't they? I'll check it out!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love films! The Theory of Everything and Pride are two of my favourite films ever too, and of course, La La Land is such a beautiful masterpiece which I found so touching to watch,

    Georgia xxx

    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all absolutely amazing, aren't they?

      Delete
  4. Yes to all of these!!! I haven't seen The Cider House Rules, but it's now on my to-watch list!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete