Unconventional Things to Love About Yourself

17:20:00

In this day and age, it seems that it's 'in fashion' to hate your appearance. Personally, I think everyone should be celebrated and that everyone is beautiful (oh god, how cliche), but we all have off days.

In order to perhaps remind you that everyone finds different things beautiful, and that it's totally okay to love how you look, I made this.

I figured if I share some things I really like about myself, and hopefully it could inspire you to think about what things you like about yourself too, even if society tells us those are ugly things (again, so cliche).


1. I've always liked stretchmarks. Weird, perhaps? I do think it looks really cool, in the same way as scars do. They have stories behind them, and I was honestly quite content when I found stretchmarks on myself for the first time.

2. This one is quite normal, but I really like freckles. I think everyone agrees that they're incredibly cute and innocent-looking.

3. Another point about my skin, but I really like being pale. Everyone always wants a tan during summer, and although I do agree that my legs and body looks better with a very slight tan, my face definitely doesn't. I just feel like my face and hair blend to one, and I just prefer my face to be pale.

4. I really like the way I look in sweatpants or a hoodie. I don't know why, but I feel very confident when I'm wearing my joggers. I have no qualms about wearing them to school or out of the house, and I just don't see the problem with them.

5. Hopefully not such an unusual and definitely something everyone should, but I love the way I look without makeup. I usually don't put it on for school, and if I do, it's only on my eyebrows. There's definitely nothing wrong with wearing makeup, but it's also important that you're okay with not wearing it too.

Those are the main things I love about myself, that aren't very typical. I hope this cheered you up slightly, and maybe made you think of some things that you love about yourself too. Please let me know what they are!

Bloglovin
Twitter

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This is really cool. I love scars too in a way. Plus, I like braces, glasses, beauty marks and birthmarks. I love my beauty marks. They pop up out of nowhere. I love counting them and some go opposite the other, such as on my arms. Take care anyway, absolutely lovable post 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely :) Yes, beauty marks are so cool! I also really love glasses! You're the sweetest <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you for making this post! I'm all about body positivity and I love that you point out that stretchmarks are beautiful as I've always felt very unconfident about mine. Great post x

    radiantblossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I genuinely think stretchmarks are so cool, I hope you start to love yours soon!

      Delete
    2. Also (I really hope you see this) I just checked out your blog and it's great! I followed you on twitter and bloglovin and wanted to leave a comment on your most recent post (and so compliment your header, because damn, it looks great!) but I couldn't figure out how! It might have been a glitch on my computer, but just so you know that the comment button is basically impossible to find! <3

      Delete
  3. This is really well said, and I totally agree with you about it being so accepted to dislike your appearance. the first step to happiness is to accept yourself for you who are (yeah, its oversaid but so true!)
    Also, I'm loving the blog design!!
    Georgia xxx

    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely! I hate how you're supposed to apologise for loving yourself, it's not right!
      Again, thanks! I got it from a page called bloggercandy, and then I just modified the header (quite a bit)!

      Delete
  4. Such a great, positive post. I love how you've focused on the smaller or less typical things to like about yourself and other people! x

    Steph/Love Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's important to focus on those things, and I know quite a few people who are so insecure about these things, and it breaks my heart!

      Delete
  5. This is such a great message and I totally agree that everything you mentioned is beautiful. I'm so jealous of anyone that has freckles and I would give anything to be able to pull off pale skin, but unfortunately whenever I'm not tanned people just ask me if I'm ill lmao!

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hahaha aww, that's quite funny (but a shame) about pale skin, but oh well!

      Delete
  6. This is such a wonderful blog post! I love the things you picked that you like about yourself and it's definitely a big inspiration to others, or me at least! I totally agree with what you said about how we all have off-days and this is a great reminder to have people feeling better about themselves again! P.S, I totally agree with you on the no makeup. I love how I look both ways, but really do enjoy how I look when I'm not wearing makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think it's really important to remember that it's normal to feel down, and accept it! :)

      Delete
  7. I love this! I think it's important to remind yourself of all the little things you like about yourself, whether other people agree or not! And I personally like my stretch marks too x

    - Anne / Annesmiles

    ReplyDelete