Pros and Cons of Cutting Your Hair // Long or Short Hair

21:21:00

Hey everyone!

Today I thought I'd talk about something I was considering for a very long time - cutting my hair short. My hair used to be my pride and joy, and it was down to my bellybutton. I loved the swishy ponytail and plaits, but when I wore it down it always seemed to get messy and tangled. A few weeks ago, I decided to cut my hair short, and I love it. However, it was something I was very unsure about, so I thought I'd share some of the benefits and drawbacks of each.

Long hair
The main benefit I thought of is that long hair is very pretty. It's long and flowy, and suits almost everybody. If you're slightly insecure, as I am, it's easy to hide behind it and it draws the focus from other places on your face and body. It's also very versatile in terms of braids and other things. I used to be so creative with how I wore my hair, thanks to cutegirlshairstyles, but I just couldn't be bothered most days.

If you're lazy like me, you most likely wear your hair down every day, without straightening or curling it. I have the type of hair that gets tangled very quickly, and always looked frayed and old-lady-like. If you have the type of hair that stays long and shiny, or you're motivated enough to do something with it most days, long hair would definitely be the best.

Short hair
When I'm talking about short hair, I don't mean a pixie cut, I'm talking about Taylor Swift length to shoulder length. To me at least, this is very easy, and I can sleep with my wet hair, and next morning it'll look cute messy and I barely even have to brush it. It doesn't need to be taken care of much and can pretty much be left alone.

This next one is going to be a paradox, but just let me explain. In a way, having short hair provides one main look, and you can't really braid it, wear it up, and other similar hairstyles. But at the same time, you have so many more opportunities when it comes to curling it, and it goes so quickly too, as there isn't as much hair.

In general, I am absolutely in love with my short hair, and if you think you'd suit it, I'd definitely cut it. I first cut mine to shoulder length but I've later gone back and shortened it, so it's now the length of Taylor Swift's.

I also want to mention that I donated my hair to a charity that make wigs for sufferers of cancer, and I'm planning to do a separate blog post on that experience in the future, if anyone is interested.

Also, I'd love to share some of my short hairstyles I wear, if anyone would be interested in that.

I hope this post was of use to some of you,


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. love this post, I've always had long hair and I know what you mean by it being pretty and you can hide behind it but of course there's also drawbacks like having to take care of it and it just getting in the way 90% of the time..anyway I've been considering cutting my hair occasionally and this post is so helpful so thanks for sharing :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm definitely very glad I cut mine, but I know it isn't for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, donating it is really sweet! If I'd ever cut my hair again, that's what I will do. But I don't think I'd cut it again, 'cause when I was younger I had very short hair, which made me look like a boy, so I'm afaid of cutting it again even though I'm older now..

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way, my hair used to be very short and quite ugly, but I've realised it fits me better now.

      Delete
  3. I donated my hair in high school & it took my hair years to grow back. My hair is fluffy so short hair doesn't look too good on me. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, but I'm sure it looks pretty long!

      Delete
  4. Great post! I love long hair, I would like to try short hair but maybe when I'm older and my hair isn't that healthy anymore. :)

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I do like long hair, just not on me

      Delete