What I love about Spring

22:29:00

This morning I woke up by light shining in my window. I was wondering how long I'd overslept, because it hasn't been light at 7.30 in months! I was so happy when I realised that it was just spring approaching, so I though I'd share some of my favourite things about spring in a post with you.

As you may have gathered from my last post, I really enjoy being warm. This is probably the main reason that I dislike autumn and winter so strongly, because they make it impossible to go outside with less than three layers on. It's just a lot more tedious going outside and staying active if it's cold and dark outside, which is why I usually stay inside during those seasons. When the sun does make an appearance though, I love taking advantage of it. I like being able to wear jeans and a t-shirt to school with only a jacket on top.

I really like taking advantage of my environment, and for example going for runs. I have't been in over two years because I suffer from a knee injury, but today I decided to brave it, and I ran a 5k. I feel like this is definitely because of how sunny it is, it just makes you so much happier!

My mood definitely improves during the spring, and it makes me feel so much more motivated. Perhaps it's the increase in light, or all the bright colours around me, but it makes me feel better and more motivated and inspired to work towards my goals.


I have to say, I'm definitely jealous of wherever this photo was taken, I wish my hometown looked like that!
I love the nature during the spring. The flowers haven't quite come out yet where I live, but when I visited some family a few weeks ago in England, there were snowdrops everywhere. I felt like I was in some very cliche movie, walking through meadows of white flowers.

My friends and I aren't really the type of people to spend a lot of time outside, but when the spring arrives, I try to be outside as much as possible. Sometimes this is with a short walk around my neighbourhood with a girlfriend, or my personal favourite, sitting on the deck in shorts, gossiping and sharing a tub of mango sorbet.

I live in a country where during the winter, it gets dark at four o'clock. If you do too, you know what a drag this can be, because it feels like the day is over at that time, and it is impossible to get any work done. I love the weeks in February and March, where you slowly begin to notice that it isn't dark when you walk to and from school anymore, and you actually have time to do things while it's still light.

I do love spring and everything that comes with it, but to be quite honest, this is the first even slightly sunny day we've had in months, and even so, there was frost on the ground when I woke up. I guess that means that I should have waited slightly longer with this blog post, but I couldn't resist!

What are some things you love about spring, or if you don't (how can you not like spring??) what's your favourite season?

P.S. - I have to apologise for the lack of my own photos, as I mentioned in my first post, my camera broke, and the new one is still being delivered.Hopefully it'll be here by the end of next week!


You Might Also Like

0 comments