Rimmel Lasting Perfection Powder Foundation Review

15:47:00

Hey guys!

Today I thought I'd talk about a product I bought recently while I was over in the UK. It's the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Powder Foundation - why does makeup always have such long names? I read long ago that people with oily skin should try powder foundation, but I never took any notice of it until I wandered into Boots a few weeks ago. I don't wear makeup every day, but I wanted something I could quickly pop on when I wanted to wear something. The original price of this product is £6.99, but I found itduring a 2 for £10 sale that Boots was having.


This product carries 7g, which is quite a bit less than the Rimmel Match Perfection Powder. They both come with a makeup sponge, although the one for Lasting Finish is square, and not quite as nice. Nevermind, who really uses the powder puff anyway?

Now to the actual product. I managed to, as always, pick a colour slightly too dark for me, but their colour selection is great. My shade is Silky Beige 003, in case you're interested. I have to say, this product is definitely silky, and it applies very easily.  The cover claims that it can be used both wet and dry, although I've only ever tried dry. I like to apply it with a compact blush brush, but as it is quite high coverage, I sometimes use a powder brush instead, if I want something lighter.


It doesn't transfer onto clothes - or worse, someones cheek - but I can't say much for the staying power. My face doesn't hold makeup well at all, and as I usually forget I'm wearing anything, I often end up rubbing my face, which is a big part of the problem. I put this on around 7.30 in the morning, and it's mostly gone by three o'clock if I don't top up. It's better than some of my other powders, but as it claims to last 25 hours, I'm not impressed.

Rimmel is my favourite makeup brand, and overall, I am very impressed by this new addition. I assume it might be drying if you already have dry skin, so if that's the case, I would probably go for something else. However, I do like this foundation, and I will continue wearing it, despite it's lack of staying power!

Have you tried this powder foundation, and if so, what did you think of it? What's your favourite foundation? Please let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments