5 Women Who Inspire Me // International Women's Day

20:51:00

Since it's the International Women's Day today, I thought I would do a post about some of the women who mean a lot to me. I am definitely a feminist, and these are women who have inspired me to stand up for myself against feminism, and anything else I'm passionate about. They've all inspired me to do my thing and be proud of who I am, and never trying to hide it, although if you read my last post, you'll know that that's something I still struggle with.


The main person who has impacted my life is definitely Emma Watson. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and Hermione Granger is my favourite character. Ever since I first read the books and then watched the movies, I was a fan of her because I felt she did so much justice to Hermione. As I grew older, I discovered she's so much more than that. If it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't be a feminist. I always associated feminism with man-hating, bra-burning women, and I didn't want to be classified as one of them. Her speech back in September taught me what it really means to be a feminist, and why it is so important for us all to stand up for equality.

My music is generally quite pop-punk-rock, and Taylor Swift is completely different from what I usually listen to. I've liked her for years, but it was after her recent album, 1989, that I fell in love with her. She prioritises happiness, and encourages people to be themselves. Sometimes after a tough day, all I need to cheer myself up is to listen to Shake It Off, which always makes me feel so much better about everything.
Hayley Williams is someone I don't know very much about, although I'm a fan of Paramore. I love the way she is so proud to be herself, and it is clear that she is so comfortable in who she is, and that inspires me to do the same.
Am I allowed to include fictional characters? Probably not, but it's my list so I will anyways. Luna Lovegood has helped me in more ways than anyone can ever imagine. Although my obsession with her caused me quite a bit of trouble in sixth grade, when I aspired to be as weird as possible instead of being myself, I love her to death. Every little girl who has ever felt self conscious about having different interests than everyone else, and liking different things will be able to resonate with Luna Lovegood, and Evanna Lynch portrays her perfectly.

Zoe Sugg has also made this list, because she is herself. I watch her videos religiously, and if you do too, you'll know how much of an advocate she is foor happiness. I love the fact that she prioritises herself, and even when people are nagging her to upload, she manages to put time away for herself because happiness is overall the most important thing in anyone's life. She's also the main person who inspired me to start blogging, which I'm so grateful for.







That's it for now, although I could go on forever. Especially on all the reasons I love Emma Watson, because she has honestly changed my life. I'll link her UN HeForShe speech at the end of this post, because I think even if you do not consider yourself a feminist, it is something every single person should watch.

Who are some people who have inspired you? Let me know!

Emma Watson UN Speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkjW9PZBRfk

You Might Also Like

0 comments